Tuesday, December 6, 2011

10 days.

10 days. In 10 days I will be graduating. I will be handed lots of pieces of paper and sing with my class "The 12 weeks of nanny school" in front of a lot of people I don't know. I'll be packing my things and saying goodbye to people that I've grown to love. To people that I've spend so much time with, they are basically my sisters. There are girls here who I don't always get along with. There are girls here that I barely know, but each one has taught me something and for that I am very thankful. Even though I am excited to go home and see my parents, sleep in my bed, use my own shower, go to my own church, spend time with the children that I love, and see my cat, I am also dreading saying goodbye to people who I have become so close to. When you see someone 24/7 for three months, how do you just say goodbye? How do you pack up and fly over 2,000 miles away not knowing when you'll see them again? My roommate Haley and my friend Rose have been amazing friends through all of my time at ENGS. We are the three amigas. We have laughed together, cried together, encouraged each other, and had a lot of fun and eaten a very large amount of steak n' shake and buffalo wild wings. These are friends that I want to have for life, people that are genuine and kind hearted and loving. People who love you no matter what you do and love Jesus. I haven't had a lot of friends my age like this, and I am SO blessed to have made these friends. I am not looking forward to saying goodbye to them. I also am not looking forward to saying good bye to my practicum family. They have been such a blessing and have welcomed me into their home with open arms. Telling four young girls that you have to go home far away is heart breaking, for me and them.

When I think about everything I have learned here, I am so excited to share what I have learned. I've known that I love taking care of children for a long time, but I never thought I would be able to make a career out of it. Even when I'm not working in someone's home, hopefully I will have my own children and home and all of the things I have learned here have helped my grow in my knowledge and understanding of how to care for children physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I can also list a lot of random facts about the 10 types of diaper rashes and what the "4th trimester" is, if you want to know. I have found this experience to be difficult but worth every penny, and every minute of my time. I know I can use the skills I have learned here to honor God with everything that i do.

I have also grown SO much in my relationship with Christ. I have developed a craving for God's word and fellowship with other believers. I have grown in my loving of people who seem unlovable and my kindness and love towards others. I have grown in my selflessness and not thinking about myself all of the time. I have grown in prayer for my friends, family, my self, my future spouse, and even my enemies. I have had so much time to think about and re evaluate my life and I am excited to see the growth in me. I can finally take a joke without taking it personal and laugh at my self, I have learned to think before I speak, and I have learned to say what i feel and deal with my emotions, thoughts and sins. I have learned to be SO thankful for what God has given me. I could go on and on. I am so thankful that God allowed me to come here and has grown me SO much in all aspects of my life.

10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment